Expert Ratings is reader-supported. When you buy through a link on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional costs to you. Learn More
Usually crafting is known as an art where people create things with their hands in a traditional way. It is a bit unusual to learn that crafting and Artwork are possible online. It can be done with just a laptop. However, you need to ensure that you are using the right laptop to enjoy your work to the fullest. It completely depends on the user which type of laptop is suitable for him or her.
Various laptops come under variable price range in the market. In this article, we are listing the 10 best crafting laptops along with their pros and cons which will be very helpful to guide you for your purchase in the future. Without this, it might be confounding for you to choose the correct option.
- 1 Comparison Table – Laptop for Crafting
- 2 10 Best laptops for Crafting
- 2.1 Apple MacBook Pro
- 2.2 Microsoft Surface Book 3
- 2.3 Dell XPS 15 9570
- 2.4 Acer Spin 3 Convertible laptop
- 2.5 Lenovo Yoga C930 4K UHD Touchscreen laptop
- 2.6 Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- 2.7 HP Spectre ×360 4K Touchscreen laptop
- 2.8 Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- 2.9 Lenovo Ideapad 330
- 2.10 ASUS VivoBook F510QA
- 3 7 Advantages of Crafting as a Hobby and why you should continue to do so
- 4 Factors you need to consider while choosing a laptop for Crafting.
- 5 Conclusion
Comparison Table – Laptop for Crafting
Now, without delays, let’s check our list, made by Experts, after 62+ hours of Testing with 4 craftsmen to get you the most bang for your buck!
10 Best laptops for Crafting
Apple MacBook Pro
With its 17 hours of battery life, it hardly leaves you with any scope of worrying about its battery life. You can sit for hours working on your project and timely submit the same. This is the best relief that you get for an online job.
Apple MacBook Pro comes with 4 Thunderbolts (USB-C) ports. It has a sleek design and commendable performance. The touch bar and touch id enhance productivity according to your work. That’s really helpful for a craftsperson.
And that’s not all, it is furthermore powered with an Apple M1 Pro processor. So when you encoding videos or say you are rendering 3D models or CPU-intensive tasks like editing videos, you might end up working faster than ever.
We are not over yet, it comes with 16GB RAM, Retina Display, 14″ Screen, and 512GB Ultra Fast SSD. So, in case you are working on a project where you require a pro-level processing machine, this one is an ideal option.
- Elegant look
- 512GB Ultrafast SSD and 16GB RAM
- Retina Display, 14″ Screen
- Extremely powerful performance
- USB-C ports
- 17 hours of battery life
- Force touch TrackPad and Touch ID
- Very Costly
- Lacks Touchscreen
- Lacks face id
Microsoft Surface Book 3
The first and foremost feature being unveiled is the enhanced quality graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q, which is way faster than most options in the market.
Microsoft Surface Book 3 comes with a battery life of upto 17.5 hours, which is insane for a laptop this slim! Thanks to the powerful RAM of 16 GB and storage as large as 512 GB, you are sure to enjoy all the activities you perform on this touchscreen laptop.
Unlike the previous Surface Book 2, which came with an 8th gen Intel Core i7 processor, the Surface Book 3 comes with 10th gen Core i7 processor. In terms of power, it means it is about 30% faster than Surface Book 2. This surely removes half of your hurdles all alone! You can work faster than usual.
You get it in 4 versatile modes of use as a laptop, a tablet, as a studio, and as a view. Its touchscreen facility increases its demand for buyers.
Overall, This is currently one of my favorite Windows 11 laptops, given the form factor and the stability of use. The lightweight body is also worth a mention, and as a craft person, you will surely love it whenever you use any crafting software.
- Four versatile usable modes
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7
- 512 GB storage
- 16 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
- 17.5 hours of battery life
- Some people find Touchscreen uncomfortable
- Expensive Deal for its offerings
Also Check out: Best Budget Laptops for programming, coding and gaming from here.
Dell XPS 15 9570
Are you expecting blurred screen obstruction in your work? Don’t worry! Dell XPS comes with Ultra HD 4 K (3840×2160) Resolution combined with IPS Panel for a clear and bright display free of any obstruction. So, you need not worry about any display-related issue for your Crafting.
And guess what the screen size is? It’s a 15.6″ screen with a thin bezel of 15.7 mm. It has a very negligible border cornering its surface, giving you a wider view and keeping you engaged in the work for longer.
We know your are waiting to hear that it has got a large Full HD display. Yes! It has. And that’s why it is third on our list. Because for Crafting, it is a priority to consider the Display, and GPU quality of the laptop.
Wrapping it up for this one, you can certainly invest in this Laptop for the maximum performance of your input.
- Sleek model
- Negligible border
- Wider display
- Fast boot
- Comes with Ultra HD 4 K (3840×2160) Resolution
- IPS Panel
- Thin bezel of 15.7 mm
- Feels Heavy to carry
- Fan noise is Loud at high load
Acer Spin 3 Convertible laptop
The list now enlists one of the most famous brands when it comes to laptops- Acer. It has all the advantageous features that make it a good choice for Crafting laptops in the market. The creative world is growing very competitive. And so, our demand for better products is not unjustified.
It comes with dual-band WiFi and MU MIMO TECHNOLOGY, and a fingerprint reader. Not just this, it is integrated with an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565 U processor, a good 16 GB DDR4 RAM, and 512 GB SSD Storage. What else do you crave?
Yes, battery life is definitely a good concern, and for this Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop, it is 12 hours! Which is a great combo with other advantages. Its rechargeable active stylus is a major attractive feature of the product. You can convert it to 3 different modes – display, tent, or tablet mode. The screen is 14″ full HD (1920×1080) Resolution. So be assured about its display quality.
Yes, battery life is definitely a good concern, and for this Laptop, it is 12 hours! Which is a great combo with other advantages. Its rechargeable active stylus is a major attractive feature of the product.
You can convert it to 3 different modes – display, tent, or tablet mode. The screen is 14″ full HD (1920×1080) Resolution. So be assured about its display quality.
- Fingerprint Reader
- Impressive Loud and Clear Speaker
- Dual-band WiFi
- MU MIMO TECHNOLOGY
- Fingerprint reader.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565 U processor
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 512 GB SSD Storage
- 3 different modes – display, tent, or tablet mode.
- 14″ full HD (1920×1080) Resolution.
- 12 hrs battery life
- Battery life could be improved
- Lacking ports
Lenovo Yoga C930 4K UHD Touchscreen laptop
This Laptop from Lenovo comes with absolutely eye-catching features. You just cannot miss its rotating sound system- the Dolby Atmos Sound Speaker. It comes with what Lenovo calls an active pen, which is very useful for artists in particular.
We are yet to describe some of its jaw-dropping features. It comes with 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM, and an integrated 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U processor. Storage is 1 TB SSD. And you cannot stop praising for more than this in your Crafting laptop.
Because, you can convert it into a tablet with the use of its 360 degrees hinge. It offers you a microphone in-headphone out combo. It comes with an inbuilt webcam with a stereo microphone.
The extremely lightweight laptop comes with a portable facility, Ultra HD 13.9″ screen, IPS PANEL technology, and 3840×2160 Resolution. One last but amazing feature of this Lenovo Yoga 3 Laptop is the LED backlight feature for a better viewing experience.
So if we are discussing Crafting laptops, you must not hesitate while investing in Lenovo Yoga C930 4K UHD Touchscreen laptop.
- 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
- Integrated 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U processor
- Storage is a 1 TB SSD portable facility
- Ultra HD 13.9″ Screen IPS PANEL technology
- LED backlight feature
- 360 degrees hinge
- Inbuilt webcam and stereo microphone.
- None for the price
Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 is two in one laptop that comes with 1920×1080 UHD touch screen technology
It is specially designed to speed up your creativity and productivity with its AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor. The laptop might prove to your suitable choice, be it gaming, designing, or even crafting.
The touchscreen function of the device includes an active pen, with the help of which you can draw spontaneously on the screen.
Moving ahead, the laptop comes with 12GB RAM and is completed with various ports such as DC-in, HDMI, Audio Jack and USB-C. That’s not all, the device is known for its long-lasting battery life, of upto 10 hours, allowing you to use it for a longer period upon one charge.
- Inbuilt webcam with a stereo microphone
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor.
- Touchscreen function
- 12GB RAM
- Various Ports such as DC-in, HDMI, Audio Jack, and USB-C.
- No 360-degree hinge
HP Spectre ×360 4K Touchscreen laptop
You are getting an HP Stylus Pen with this Laptop, that has a good grip and ensures more precision in your craftwork. It is easier for you to draw diagrams on the screen spontaneously anywhere! Which is one of the reasons why crafters love it so much!
The 15.6″ screen comes with a 4K IPS Anti-Glare technology and a WLED backlist. This means you certainly need not worry regarding the graphics and display.
HP Spectre ×360 4K Touchscreen laptop is a high-tech laptop with an integrated 8th Generation Intel i7-8565U core processor, 16 GB RAM, 512 SSD, NVIDIA GE-FORCE MX-150 Graphics processor unit.
Keeping in mind that we need a laptop for Crafting, this is a great choice for you!
- HP Stylus Pen
- 15.6″ 4K IPS Anti-Glare Screen
- WLED backlit
- Integrated 8th Generation Intel i7-8565U core processor
- 16 GB RAM and 512 SSD
- NVIDIA GE-FORCE MX-150 Graphics processor unit (GPU).
- Loud fan sound
Dell Inspiron 15 5000
Before giving a description of its vivid features, let’s understand a drawback of this Laptop. It comes with 8GB of RAM. However, not to regret much. If you are low on your budget and you still need to start your crafting work, know that 8GB RAM is cool enough for online crafters. It’s not bad if it’s not perfect.
The laptop is powered by an 8th generation Intel Quad-core i5-8250U processor. Backlit keyboard, integrated Webcam, multiple connecting USB ports, and wide-screen are yet other facilities. The 15.6″ Display comes with 1920×1050 Resolution. The storage is 1TB HDD.
So you get a very basic, yet durable and good start laptop at a spendable price.
- 8th GENERATION Intel Quad-core i5-8250U processor
- Strong Build
- Backlit keyboard
- Integrated Webcam
- Multiple connecting USB ports
- Wide-screen 15.6″ 1920×1050 Resolution Display
- Storage of 1TB (HDD)
- Average Battery life
- Feels Overpriced
- No Stylus provided
Lenovo Ideapad 330
If you can ignore the looks, and focus more on the features of the laptop, then Lenovo Ideapad 330 is definitely an option for you, ideal for Crafting. It does not carry that sleek and portable model but has some of the quality features for your work.
Hardly any laptop model offers you DVD drive now-a-days. But, this Laptop offers you the same. It has got all the needed features for your work and that too at a reasonable price.
With a 16:9 aspect ratio and 200 Nits, this Laptop offers you a wide display of 15.6″ Full HD screen. The graphics are vivid and sharp. The laptop comes with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256 GB SSD storage. The 7th Generation processor is good enough for your Crafting.
- Classic Keyboard
- Sturdy Exteriors
- 16:9 aspect ratio and 200 Nits
- 15.6″ Full HD screen.
- Durable and Affordable
- AMD Quad-core processor
- Battery Life could be better
ASUS VivoBook F510QA
ASUS VivoBook F510QA comes with a Powerful AMD Quad-core processor, 246 GB SSD storage, and 8 GB DDR4 RAM. Its Ergonomic keyboard design and fingerprint sensor make it a unique variant of Crafting laptops.
So you need not stay concerned about the priority requirements of your Crafting laptops, because this Laptop fulfills all the minimum criteria for the same.
Connections give another set of suitable options: USB 3.1 TYPE-C, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and even HDMI. You can change its display mode into normal, eyecare, manual, and vivid modes with ASUS Vivo BookF510QA.
The 15.6″ Full HD screen is good enough for your crafting work. The bezel is only 0.3″.
- 15.6″ Full HD Screen
- Thin bezel 0.3″
- All ports present: USB 3.1 TYPE-C, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and even HDMI
- AMD Quad-core processor
- Normal, eyecare, manual, and vivid modes of display
- Sleek model
- Affordable pricing
- Loud fan
- Short battery life
That’s all; these are the best options recommended for beginners to professionals.
7 Advantages of Crafting as a Hobby and why you should continue to do so
- Crafting is a de-stressing practice because it helps you rejuvenate by performing an activity of your choice.
- Since Crafting makes you practice concentration, it enhances your decision-making ability.
- It energizes you with positivity.
- It keeps your brain youthful.
- Crafting is an art. You increase your confidence by performing this activity.
- It optimizes your focus.
- Enhances memory.
Choose your laptop accordingly; here’s a guide for you!
Factors you need to consider while choosing a laptop for Crafting.
- Battery life – Crafting is an art that takes time, be it online or offline. So it is definitely recommended to opt for a laptop that runs longer post charging than others. The Laptop needs to have good battery life. You don’t want your labor to be futile just because you run out of charge at an unfavorable place. Make sure you try to go for a purchase that allows a minimum of 12 to 14 hours of battery life post one charging attempt.
- Touchscreen Or a Keyboard – People find Touchscreen laptops apt for Crafting. Yet there are a few innocent strugglers who opt for a keyboard. Doesn’t matter what you choose; you just need to ensure that it is the best quality product. By best quality, one means advanced technological use, good switching options, etc.
- Screen size – For Crafting, a widescreen with high resolution is all that you need to achieve accuracy in colors and diagrams. Some people settle down for 12″ screens. But it is always suggested to go for a screen size closest or equal to 15″.
- RAM – Random Access Memory less than 8 GB is just not good for Crafting. If you seriously aspire for better data processing and fast performance, ensure a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Storage Drives – Another important aspect should be this. Ensure optimum storage is available for zero data loss and safe performance.
- Price – The suggestion is always to invest as much as you can for a perfect laptop for Crafting, but, not blindly. You must check the pros and cons, and then decide how valuable your product is. The factors listed are important and should be your priority.
- Processor – If you are looking for a laptop’s performance as a whole, you must look at the laptop’s processor. Intel Core i3, i5, i7, and other Intel Processors are the most widely used processors. When it comes to AMD, you can go with the Ryzen series, it is pretty good in terms of performance. However, the intel processors come in generations, and the newer generations typically beat the older ones in terms of performance. The latest Intel processors come in the 11th, 10th generation. However, the most widely used ones are the 8th and 9th generations.
That mainly wraps up our list of the top 10 best laptops for crafting. Laptops that generally are touchscreen and come with a stylus are expensive compared to the non-touchscreen variants. However, it must be kept in mind that cheaper laptops have to sacrifice key components at times to become more affordable.
Thus, it is recommended to go with a laptop which will cost you once but ultimately is fruitful for the years to come. Ultimately, the choice completely depends on you. I hope that this article could give you some insights into buying a good laptop for artwork.
Your choice totally depends on you! Hopefully, this article helps and considers all the factors mentioned above before ultimately buying one.